Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Bolton Abbey

We came here on a nice Sunday morning 3rd of may 2009 for a walk by the river. Although the weather was not very good, we did enjoy the fresh air and historic landscape. The beautiful countryside river wharf has over 80 miles of footpath, which would keep me fit according to my husband. I actually adore the hills and riverside walk but could not keep up to it, cause i got tired half way, so i just stayed by the tea cottage and my husband and my daughter continue the walk through the hills, and came back down after an hour walk to meet me in the tea cottage.

This place is ideal for family day out picnic , walking , fishing , stroll, or simply relax by the river while the children play. As they say, this place is a place for all seasons, and not bad for £6 per day entrance for every vehicle.



Priory Ruins
Overlooking the River Wharfe are the ruins of the 12Th century Priory and the thriving parish church.



Steeping stones



The tea cottage



No comments: