How to install a focusing screen of Nikon SLR camera, model: D40, D40X, D70, D60, D50
These are simple steps on how to install the focusing screen of your Nikon D40 SLR camera, no need to take your camera to a shop and have a professional install it for you.
All you need to do is buy the focus screen in an online shop and do these steps:
1. Turn your camera off and remove the lens
2. Place the camera gently upside down on a stable surface and using tweezers remove the metal bracket from inside your camera
3. Still using the tweezers, remove the original focus screen
4. Replace with your new split image focus screen
5. Gently shake the camera to ensure the screen is in place
6. Replace the metal bracket and lens
it usually is very expensive to have it replace, as the technician will also bill you for the repair, testing, and cleaning, so it is better to do it yourself.
Tweez'em Stainless Steel tweezers Review
2 years ago