Monday, 12 July 2010

Summer Flu-like symptoms

I recently have this flu likes symptoms like frequent sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes and a very itchy through that makes me cough the whole day and I was told by my Doctor that this is due to hay fever. A hay fever is a type of allergic rhinitis caused by pollen or spores. Allergic rhinitis is a condition where an allergen (something that causes an allergic reaction) makes the inside of your nose inflamed (swollen). According to my doctor, this usually occurs in spring and summer, when there is more pollen in the air. Trees, grass and plants release pollen as part of their reproductive process. Mould and fungi also release tiny reproductive particles, called spores. Well, the sad part is that this cannot be cured completely, but there are several treatments available you can buy to relive the symptoms like antihistamine tablets, nasal (nose) sprays and eye drops. These somehow helps my hay fever calm down as before going to a doctor, I have tried some over the counter cold tablets and cough medicine and none of them works. When I started drinking the antihistamine tablet, it has put me to sleep, and I feel a lot better when I woke up. Well, I just hope I will totally get over these symptoms as I really am looking forward having a really good summer.

No comments: