Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Opticians, PD measurement and online eyeglasses store

I just wanted to share with you what I have found out on opticians forum website. The topic was about people coming into their clinic asking for a PD measurement or pupillary distance and going online to buy a pair of eyeglasses where they could get it a lot cheaper. Well guess what? The opticians were not very happy with it; in fact some of them would refuse to give a customer’s PD measurement if they would not agree to get a package deal. Some of them would charge a customer with such a high price for just a PD measurement. The thing is that not all people can afford such high price that is why they go to an online shop where anyone can get a pair of really good eyeglasses for as low as $8. I was researching about this online shop that the opticians are going on about and I found out that it was zinnioptical.com. Now, I have heard a lot about this online shop and read a couple of good feedback from them that they do really good quality eyeglasses for a very affordable price. Anyway, we cannot really do anything if these opticians would refuse to get our PD measurement, what I did to get my PD measurement is that I research on the internet where to get a free PD test and found one, I happen to have it on one of the giant supermarket as they do it yearly. You see some supermarkets does offer free PD measurement, usually once in every year with their optician without any obligation to purchase a pair of eyeglasses from them. On the usual days, they do charge, but for a lesser amount, which I think is fair enough. Also I heard that you can actually measures a PD to 200th/mm exact by using an iPhone. I do not really know how to, as I do not own an iPhone, but some says it does. So you might as well have a go with it.

No comments: