Monday, 11 April 2011

Post Express Office. Your package is available for pick up-email

This is just one of the email scams almost everyone is receiving recently, so if you got this email, do not open the attachment as it usually has a virus or a tracker to track down everything you have been to online and anything you have installed on your computer and send it to the third party which is the one who sent you the email, he or she will then get your personal information including bank details and passwords and steal everything you got through this! So be very careful.

I have here copy of the said email, but of course without the virus, just to let everyone know what the email looks like:


Post Express Office. Your package is available for pick up. NR9243556

From:
Post Express Package postmail-usa(dot)48890@irvine(dot)com
Add to Contacts
To: myemailaddress@yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

Post_Express_Label_ID_61119.zip (27KB)
Good afternoon

Email notice number.17223179

Your package has been returned to the Post Express office.
The reason of the return is "Error in the delivery address"

Important message!
Attached to the letter mailing label contains the details of the package delivery.
You have to print mailing label, and come in the Post Express office in order to receive the packages!


Thank you for using our services.
Post Express Service.


So once again, do not open the attachment!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Thanks for the warning! I do hope that nobody will be victim of this scam. I always received this message on my yahoo inbox. One time I download the file but I didn't open because adobe are not yet installed on my computer that time. After receiving this kind of mail so many times I already know that this is scam. I tried to block them but I don't know how.