Monday, 25 April 2011

Who's Viewed My Profile scam on facebook

I was stupid enough to click a link of who's viewed my profile on facebook and now this thing has posted a link and sort of rubbish survey to some of my friend’s profile. This is what happened: I clicked on a survey with percentage of who has vied my profile from my friend’s profile and it first made me wait, and then a sort of advert came up, so I ended it by making an exit out of the website. Then a weird thing happened, 6 or 7 of my friends on facebook sent an instant chat message with same link and exactly the same message, so I logged out of facebook. After a few seconds, I log back in and chatted with one of the 6 friends who have sent that message and link, she replied and said she did not send any message. Later that morning, I check facebook and found out that I had created an event of who’s viewed my profile and invited everyone on my friends list to join in; I was very surprised as I did not make such event on facebook! I also found out that I posted some sort of survey to 10 of my friends’ profile, which I also did not! Anyway, I managed to delete all the post made by that thing to my friends profile and also have managed to delete that event post. Now, I just hope that thing has not left a tracker or virus in my computer.

Attached here is a copy of facebooks rule on privacy, and as you can see they do not allow such thing!

Help Center

Privacy: Who can see my profile and content?

Can I know who’s viewing my profile or how often it’s being viewed?

No, Facebook does not provide the ability to track who is viewing your profile, or parts of your profile, such as your photos. Applications by outside developers cannot provide this functionality, either. Applications that claim to give you this ability will be removed from Facebook for violating policy. You can report applications that provide untrustworthy experiences by clicking the "Report Application" at the bottom of the application’s About page, or by clicking "Report" at the bottom of any canvas page within the application.

No comments: