Friday, 20 May 2011

How I retrieved my missing post from Blogger

On May 11, 2011 blogger had some technical issues which have resulted to missing blog posts from bloggers all over the world and unfortunately on that day, I had 3 blog posts missing from my other blog. Two of those said post were restored back on the 13th of May 2011, however 1 is still missing. On the 14th of May 2011, Blogger’s technical manager Eddie Kessler published an announcement on Blogger Buzz that they are making progress and that on that day they are on the process of restoring comments. Then, I started to worry that my post is lost is totally lost. I had a lot of research online and found some useful information on retrieving old posts like using an RRS feed and Google catch, however, I still could not find that certain post!

I was very unhappy as I cannot remember the entire post and still uncertain if blogger is going to restore it or not. On the next day, the 15th of May 2011, blogger buzz has announced that blogger should be back to normal for the majority and that if some posts are still missing, it might be on the drafts. I check mine, but it was not there! On that same post update from blogger, there was also a form in which anyone with a certain issue can contact blogger’s technical team, so I filed up that form and now the 19th of May 2011 got the post back! They put the post back in the drafts section, so all I did is re-published it back. It was a long frustrating wait, but I am happy that I got the post back.

No comments: