Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Kayaking in Keswick

Keswick is one of my favourite places for camping, hiking, and kayaking. It is said to be the North Lakes' most popular holiday and day trip destination because of the amazing view that nestles between the Skiddaw Mountains and Derwentwater Lake. For the last 4 years, my family and I were always at Keswick during late spring or summer and these are the latest photos I took from the Derwentwaters of Keswick Lake District when we went Kayaking on June 2011.


The caravan and camping park My family and I stayed is just beside the lake, as shown on the photo.



About Derwentwaters:
Derwentwater, at 3 miles long, 1 mile wide and 72 feet deep, is fed by the River Derwent catchment area in the high fells at the head of Borrowdale, and has a long historical and literary background. There are four islands, all owned by the National Trust, as is much of the shoreline. The Lake is very much a landscape of moods, varying from the dramatic waves splashing against Friar's Crag when driven by southerly gales, to the absolute mirror calm of early mornings.

No comments: