Thursday, 29 August 2013

Allergic conjunctivitis


This is not something I like but this is what I suffer from! I got hay fever and aside from the usual symptoms of sneezing, runny or blocked nose. I also suffer from allergic conjunctivitis which means I usually get very itchy and watery eyes due to dust and pollen's from grass, tree, and weed! 

The pollen symptoms based on what I have observed usually occur during springtime, early summer and in late autumn.  Now in the past 2 weeks, I have this very bad allergic conjunctivitis, which cause my eyes to itch and seems watery most of the time. In severe cases (due to wind, dust and pollen) my eyes would turn red!

Anyway if you got the same symptoms, I have here some remedy tips for allergic conjunctivitis.

1.       Take an antihistamine
2.       keep your eyes clean

You can keep your eyes clean with cotton wool and clean boiled water. All you have to do is soak the cotton wool into cooled boiled water, remove the excess water and gently clean away the discharge on the eyelids and eye lashes, if there are any. Hope this helps!

No comments: